Monday, February 22, 2010

Alittle Bit of This and That

I got sick over the weekend and wasn't able to get out to shoot anything new, but I had some pictures that I hadn't posted yet so I thought I would just throw those up here.

This first picture was posted earlier, but I wanted to show it again because it is one of my favorites. I took this on the Airport Road here in Billings and just loved the shadow of the tree stretched out across the snow. I used a gaussian blur for the background to avoid distractions.

The rest of the pictures are taken in California of birds. The awesome thing about shooting birds in California is that they are so used to people that they will just come right up to you. It was awesome and so much easier to photograph these birds than the birds I've tried to shoot in Montana.

It was brought to my attention by my uncle, who is a California native, that it is just "ridiculous" and "silly" to shoot these kinds of birds because there are millions of them all over the state. He mentioned that all Californians would rather that they just migrate somewhere else and die than to continue being pests here in Cali, but I thought this was a good chance to capture some detail in the birds, regardless if they were worth shooting or not. I saw the opportunity to practice and took it. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment